The Black Nurses Association of Greater Washington, D.C. Area, Inc. (BNAofGWDCA) is the fourth chartered chapter of the National Black Nurses Association (NBNA). BNA of GWDCA, in concurrence with the National Black Nurses Association is open to all active and retired licensed nurses (RNs and LPNs) and student nurses. BNA of GWDCA collaborates with other professionals and organizations, provides mentoring and tutorial services to Black nurses, nursing students and prospective nurses, and serves as the local nursing body to influence legislation and policies that affect Black consumers.
Benefits of Membership
Membership is in both the Greater Washington, DC Area Chapter and the National Black Nurses Association and entitles the individual to:
- Continuing Nursing Education Programs at discounted cost/registration fees
- Journal of the National Black Nurses Association
- NBNA Newsletter
- NBNA Annual Institutes and Conferences
- Networking, Mentoring and Support Systems
- Professional Development
- Washington, D.C. Area Community Service
- Health Screening, Education and Counseling
- Scholarship and Professional Recognition
- Political Voice for Black Nurses and Consumers
- Committee and Task Force Participation
Membership is open to all active and retired licensed nurses (RNs and LPNs) and nursing students. NBNA is a non-profit tax-exempt, non discriminatory professional organization.
|R.N. or L.P.N.||$225||$50||$275|
|1st Year Graduate||$150||$25||$175|
|$50 - M|
$20 - R
|$2050 - M
$2020 - R
*M = Member *R = Retired
*Lifetime dues may be paid in four installments in a 12 month period.
Chapter dues must still be paid annually.
*Please submit the total due (including both the Local and National dues) and mail along with application to:
P.O. Box 55285
Washington, DC 20040
For any questions about the membership meetings, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-291-8866.
Download the Membership Application